The Cave in Virginia Beach when it was called The Wall for a short time.
The Strap-Ons are a snot-voiced wildly thrashing pure punk rock 'n' roll band. Formed in late 1996 as The Pimps in Norfolk VA, they took the name The Strap-Ons from one of their favorite movies of all time, "Strap On Sally" They have a well earned reputation for good lyrics, catchy riffs, and a great sound, never letting up on their brand of over the top punk.
The Band toured the US in the summer of 2003, doing many shows with original Misfits member Joey Image, and released a live album of their show in San Francisco, to boot. The Strap-Ons continue to do many East Coast appearances including CBGB's, The Continental, and Manitobas in New York City
"Punk On Punk Crime" was released in 2004. Naked Jain Records released the second CD, "$4 Whore", in 2003 as a Follow up to the bands first Full length album, "Geeking Dream".
in 2004, "Covered ass" is the bands 4th full length. It is all covers from the 1940s - 70s on Digitone Records. Also this year a "Johnny Thunders Tribute" that idle produced and the band performs on is gonna be released on RocknRoll Radio Records in Belgium. Two records released featuring The Strap-Ons and Electric Frankenstein.
The Strap-Ons can also be found on over 11 vinyl records and many CD compilations, including the legendary Fistful of Rock n Roll "The International Punk Rock Box Set", as well as DRI and Joey Ramone Tribute compilations. Other 2003 releases include a 7" split on Bootleg Booze Records and 10" split on Heavy Drinking Productions Records in Sweden.
- Well shit howdy! This is great! Absurd lyrics, that are as much shouted as they are sung, over four cuts of very catchy mid-tempo punk rock, which sounds like a mix of THE SEX PISTOLS, DEAD BOYS, HEARTBREAKERS and '50s rock and roll. Now, I know Many bands are mining this territory as of late, but trust me, this band stands head and shoulders above much of the pack. Very snotty, very catchy, very cool and the song "strap on Sally" is a must hear. ----(RM) Maximum RockNRoll June 99 ..193
- This totally rocks it out '77 style, and has some of the coolest '77 punk songs I've heard in a long time. 1977 to be exact. If the track "Dying Nation" was put out 23 years ago it would still be today, the undisputed `official punk rock anthem'. It's like, "Here lies this dying nation, kiss the last generation, gumball junkie, love life flunkies, we're the lost generation." Fucking genius! Rhyming nation with generation, and then generation with generation: pure gold! ----Ken worldwidepunk.com July 2000
-It's simple, basic stuff but theres a raw
catchiness in operation. There's also something appealing about a band
that's not afraid to play sub-Johnny Thunders solos in 2004, just don't
expect to see them on MTV back to back with blink 182 ----Paul Travers Kerrang
-The Strap-Ons are an 80's styled punk band with a certain love for one of
my favorite bands, the Circle Jerks. ..they do mange to spit out some vile
p-rock that'll make any boorish and belligerent punk rocker proud. (JD)
- Celebrating Release in Tompkins Square Park NYC July 10, 2005
- Appear on "A Fistful of RocknRoll" Compilation
-Coast to Coast U.S. Tours to their credit
- Strap-Ons are On over 12 Vinyl Records ( some European) and over 25 CD Compilations
- Band interview in MRR May 2001
The Strap-Ons Bio: The Strap-Ons from Norfolk VA started in 1996 originally as the Pimps. The Strap-Ons are a punk rock 'n' roll band with high energy guitar and snotty vocals singing drinking songs. They have released four CDs, and one LP in Europe of original material. The first CD included tracks from early 7" records and Six labels pitched in on this first CD calling the collaboration the World Label Cooperative. And now out on Digitone Records the "Covered Ass" CD. They have done two U.S. tours with Joey Image original Misfit on Drums. The Strap-Ons are on 12 Vinyl Records (some released Germany, Switzerland, and Sweden) and are on over 20 CD Compilations. The band is featured on A Fistful of Rock N Roll Vol. 10, DRI Tribute, Joey Ramone Tribute, and The International Punk Rock Box Set.
THE STRAP-ONS CD's are:
"Geeking Dream" 2000 world label cooperative
"$4 Whore" 2003 Naked Jain Records
"Punk On Punk Crime" 2004 Naked Jain
"Covered Ass" 2005 Digitone
"Covered Ass II"
"Live Sex Loud Live at Kimos San Francisco" 2004