Top amazing hiding hacks that will fool any burglar! These secret places to hide your things will give you tips and tricks to keep your stuff safe
14. False Stair Tread- Harry Potter has taught us that there’s a lot of empty space beneath a staircase. In fact, his whole room underneath it! So why not using it to store your valuables? If you have a two story house, then this is the perfect hiding spot for your things.You can do this by removing a stair tread and cut a hole into the landing or hollow out an entire step. You can also add in dividers to section off your belongings too. The best part is it’s so discreet nobody will ever know that it’s there. Another creative hack is to make a stair drawer. Instead of hollowing it out on the top, you can cut out the bottom instead and make a drawer! It is easy to open and just as hidden as a fake stair tread!
13. Air Vent Secret Stash- Even though it’s in plain sight, it still does a fantastic job at keeping your belongings safe. Air vents are so common so an air vent styled safe would blend well in any office, whether it’s at home or the office. Instead of cutting out an actual vent in your home, you can purchase this product for less than $100 to keep everything you own in one space. The vent-safe comes with a faceplate that resembles a standard vent that you would find on any HVAC system. The concept is pretty basic as well. Inside is a steel box that can fit inside of a wall. It also comes with a white grilled to cover up your stuff and there are also optional magnets for a smooth release. Even though it’s not the largest space, it does a good job of concealing the right amount of products like jewelry, money and even a handgun.
12. Hollowed Out Bookcase- It’s the oldest trick in the book, but it really does work! How many thieves would be willing to spend their time rummaging through books to find any hidden valuables? Most likely intruders will just see what’s visible and grab whatever they can, so a hidden bookcase is a perfect place to hide your stuff. While a hollowed book works just as well, it doesn’t leave much room to store your belongings. Instead, attach several books using a glue gun to a plywood box attached to the back. If the sides of the books are visible, you can fold back the covers of the books on the right and left sides of the assembly before cutting it up. Now the trick is to make sure the bookcase blends in normally on your shelves with other books, best to keep it on a high shelf or flat shelf and away from a person’s eye level.
11. Hidden Outlet Safe- For only $9.99, this hidden fake wall outlet is sold on Amazon and makes the perfect cover up to store your valuables and other small goods. Not only does it look exactly like a wall outlet but it’s easy to assemble too. Even though it might not be the biggest space to store your things, it still does a good job of keeping your belongings covered. We’re all told to stay away from electric outlets, so robbers aren’t going to spend time looking for every single outlet to see if there’s anything stored inside.
10. Diversion Can Safe- Diversion can safes are one of the best sensible things on sale because they camouflage as everyday objects and are perfect for when you are traveling or even at home. They are especially ideal when going camping or hiking outdoors and so thief wants to rummage through cans of food. There are so many types of diversion can safes, anything from a container of gum, a bottle of Windex and even deodorant sprays. According to the Chicago Crime Commission, a robber spends an average of 8 minutes in a person’s home, so put the odds in your favor and hide what you can. These products are usually weighted to feel full, so even if a robber picks it up or pushes it to the side, they’ll never know what’s truly inside.