This video tutorial shows Kali Linux 2017.2 KDE Plasma Edition installation on Oracle VirtualBox step by step. This tutorial is also helpful to install Kali Linux 2017.2 KDE Plasma on physical computer or laptop hardware. We also install Guest Additions on Kali Linux 2017.2 KDE Plasma Desktop for better performance and usability features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display, Shared Folder, Seamless Mode and Shared Clipboard, Improved Performance and Drag and Drop.
1- Create Virtual Machine on Oracle VirtualBox
2- Start Kali Linux 2017.2 KDE Plasma Desktop Edition Installation
3- Install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Kali Linux
4- Test Guest Additions Features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display and Shared Clipboard
Kali Linux 2017.2 New Features and Improvements
Kali Linux is a Debian-based distribution with a collection of security and forensics tools. Kali Linux 2017.2 is a roll-up of all updates and fixes since our 2017.1 release in April. In addition to all of the standard security and package updates that come via Debian Testing, more than a dozen new tools were also added to the repositories, a few of which are listed below. There are some really nice additions so we encourage you to "apt install" the ones that pique your interest and check them out.
- Hurl – a useful little hexadecimal and URL encoder/decoder
- Phishery – phishery lets you inject SSL-enabled basic auth phishing URLs into a .docx Word document
- Ssh-Audit – an SSH server auditor that checks for encryption types, banners, compression, and more
- Apt2 – an Automated Penetration Testing Toolkit that runs its own scans or imports results from various scanners, and takes action on them
- DBeaver – powerful GUI database manager that supports the most popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite, and many more
- Brutespray – automatically attempts default credentials on discovered services
- Kali Linux 2017.2 also includes numerous package updates, including jd-gui, dnsenum, edb-debugger, wpscan, watobo, burpsuite, and many others
Kali Linux Website: https://www.kali.org/
Download Kali Linux 2017.2 KDE Plasma Desktop Edition ISO: https://cdimage.kali.org/kali-images/kali-2017.2/
Kali Linux 2017.2 Minimum System Requirements
- A minimum of 20 GB disk space for the Kali Linux install
- RAM for i386 and amd64 architectures, minimum: 1GB, recommended: 2GB or more
- CD-DVD Drive/USB boot support
What is KDE Desktop?
The KDE Community is an international technology team dedicated to creating a free and user-friendly computing experience, offering an advanced graphical desktop, a wide variety of applications for communication, work, education and entertainment and a platform to easily build new applications upon. In this regard, the resources provided by KDE make it a central development hub and home for many popular applications and projects like Calligra Suite, Krita, digiKam, and many others.
KDE Website: https://www.kde.org/
What is KDE Plasma 5?
KDE Plasma 5 is the fifth and current generation of the desktop environment created by KDE primarily for Linux systems. KDE Plasma 5 is the successor of KDE Plasma 4 and was initially released on 15 July 2014. It includes a new default theme, known as "Breeze", as well as increased convergence across different devices. The graphical interface was fully migrated to QML, which uses OpenGL for hardware acceleration resulting in better performance and reduced power consumption. Plasma 5.0 improves support for HiDPI displays and ships a converged graphical shell, able to modify the graphical shell according to the device in use. It also includes a new default theme, dubbed Breeze.
Hope you found it informative and useful. Any questions or comments are welcomed.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHANNEL
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SysAdminsHowto/
Linux Video Tutorials: https://linux-video-tutorials.blogspot.com/
Kali Linux 2017.2 KDE Plasma Installation on VirtualBox: https://youtu.be/0YgDZLhhFSw