It's the GCN Presenter Challenge that you've been waiting for. With just £100 to spend, what did they choose - and which was best value for money?
Black Friday Shop Range - http://gcn.eu/YP
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Register your interest in the GCN Club: http://gcn.eu/uO
- It's almost Christmas and Santa's elves are about to go into a gift-packing frenzy. Our GCN heroes are looking for maximum bang for their bucks, and 130 bucks, or 100 pounds, doesn't go an awful long way. But just how far does it go? Let's find out.
- Right, let's see what you boys have got. Are those Gucci shades?
- Oh, hold on a minute.
- Oh no.
- What's that one on the end?
- There's some funny shapes. Right, can we start on the left? That's right, we've each been given 100 pounds by a very kind producer to purchase or acquire the fastest two-wheeled machine that our rather meagre budget can offer, to carry out some tests. Matt Stephens and mine.
- Gunwale ties, mate. High five.
- What I'ma do, I'm gonna tighten the excitement by giving you a slow reveal of mine, if that's alright.
- [Presenter] Like a strip tease? A vintage?
- [Presenter] I thought it was a triple for a second.
- There she is.
- Wow, look at that, mate!
- Look at that, I'm proud. Well this is my beauty. Baby blue ink colour, it's a Carlton, made in England, probably, I think, from the early 1980's. Look at the rake on those forks, look at the large flange hubs, look at the Raleigh chain set, basically. It's a 42/50, I think, with 10 speed transmission. Cogs look pretty big at the back, but I haven't been able to count them 'cause they're just a little bit too oily. But lovely attention to detail on this, I've obviously got clips and straps, I think these are 28 mil gunwale tyres. These are original, slightly perished at the side which is a slight concern, but look at these beautiful, centre pull breaks made by Weinmann, okay, but look at these satellite shifters I have here as well. Satellite braking for when I'm climbing, so hope I don't really need. Do you know what? She's gonna fly.
- [Narrator] Matt likes a Carlton and I like Matt, too, but when it comes to striking a pose, Matt, as ever, misses the bus.
- Alright then, guys, you are gonna be, you're gonna be a little bit nervous when you see this 'cause, uh, 'cause I think this is gonna be fast. Check it out, we got disc brakes, oh yeah.
If you'd like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here's the link 👍http://gcn.eu/uP
Watch more on GCN...
GCN Presenter Challenge - Hill Climb 📹 http://gcn.eu/2G
GCN Presenter Challenge - Chainless Descending 📹 http://gcn.eu/1MMFOs7
Photos: © Bettiniphoto / http://www.bettiniphoto.net/ & ©Tim De Waele / http://www.tdwsport.com
Bring To An End 3 - Johannes Bornlöf
Cheese And Crackers 4 - Gavin Luke
Cool Down 1 - Martin Landh
Follow Every Move 1 - Magnus Ringblom
Last Man Standing 3 - Johannes Bornlöf
Let The Games Begin 02 - Björn Skogsberg
Personal Vendetta 3 - Johannes Bornlöf
Retro Inspector 3 - Anders Bothén
Roadmasters - Suffer City
Ski Vacation 1, 2- Martin Gauffin
Skyfall 1 - Johannes Bornlöf
Vanilla Urban 3 - Niklas Ahlström
War Drums - Andreas Ericson
The Global Cycling Network puts you in the centre of the action: from the iconic climbs of Alpe D’Huez and Mont Ventoux to the cobbles of Flanders, everywhere there is road or pavé, world-class racing and pro riders, we will be there bringing you action, analysis and unparalleled access every week, every month, and every year. We show you how to be a better cyclist with our bike maintenance videos, tips for improving your cycling, cycling top tens, and not forgetting the weekly GCN Show. Join us on YouTube’s biggest and best cycling channel to get closer to the action and improve your riding!
Welcome to the Global Cycling Network | Inside cycling
Thanks to our sponsors:
Alta Badia: http://gcn.eu/AltaBadia- // Maratona Dles Dolomites: http://gcn.eu/MaratonaDlesDolomites-
Assos of Switzerland: http://gcn.eu/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gcn.eu/KASK
fi’zi:k shoes and saddles: http://gcn.eu/fizikshoes and http://gcn.eu/fiziksaddles
Topeak tools: http://gcn.eu/Topeak
Canyon bikes: http://gcn.eu/-Canyon
DT Swiss: http://gcn.eu/DtSwiss
Science in Sport: http://gcn.eu/SiS
Orbea bikes: http://gcn.eu/Orbea
Trek Bicycles: http://gcn.eu/-Trek
Vision wheels: http://gcn.eu/Vision
Zipp wheels: http://gcn.eu/Zipp
Wahoo Fitness: http://gcn.eu/Wahoo-Fitness
Park Tool: http://gcn.eu/-parktool
Continental tyres: http://gcn.eu/continental-
The GCN Club - http://gcn.eu/club
YouTube Channel - http://gcn.eu/gcnYT
Facebook - http://gcn.eu/gcnFb
Instagram - http://gcn.eu/GCNInsta
Google+ - http://gcn.eu/gcnGPlus
Twitter - http://gcn.eu/gcnTW
Leave us a comment below!