(10 Mar 2011) SHOTLIST
RESTRICTIONS:+++ NOTE MUSIC NOT CLEARED FOR RE-USE +++
Tokyo, Japan - March 5th, 2011
1. Various of models parading on catwalk plus dancers at the fashion shows on the Tokyo Girls Collection (TGC) runway
2. SOUNDBITE: (Japanese) Ayako Nagaya, Tokyo Girls Collection Executive Committee, Chief Producer:
"Compared to other collections, this is not only for people in the fashion industry. Anybody can buy a ticket and attend the show. We have democratised fashion - it is an entertaining event throughout for the customers."
3. Wide of stage projection screens showing a new character unveiled at the show
4. Close of a cell phone showing the 'Cecil McBee' product is SOLD OUT
5. Various of girls using their cell phones at TGC booths
6. SOUNDBITE: (Japanese) Ayako Nagaya, Chief Producer, Tokyo Girls Collection Executive Committee:
"Besides media like TV and internet, more and more young girls have begun to rely on mobile phones as their favourite medium. So we thought we wanted to create an event that focused on mobile phones, and that wasn't just an event but that also gave the opportunity to customers to actually buy things, or check out information about the show, simply using their devices. In other words, we aimed at creating an event focused on the multiple use of mobile phones."
7. Various of girl using cell phone to check out fashion items
8. SOUNDBITE: (Japanese) Ai Arakawa, 26-year-old visitor to fashion show:
"My favourite brand will have a show today and I came here looking forward to seeing what's new. I would like to buy as much as I can."
9. Wide tracking shot of girls standing in line, waiting to enter the show
10. SOUNDBITE: (Japanese) Miku Ito, 23-year-old clothing company employee:
"I came here because the models will wear the brand that I like and I wonder how they will look wearing it."
11. Set up of girl attending the event being photographed by friend
12. SOUNDBITE: (Japanese) Manami Sato, 17-year-old high school student:
"I like dressing up and I hope I will receive a lot of inspiration at the show today."
13. Set up of Sayumi Gunji, Vogue Girl Creative Director
14. SOUNDBITE: (Japanese) Sayumi Gunji, Creative Director, Vogue Girl:
"High brands have the function to provide new trends but common girls cannot afford to buy clothes that cost so much. That is why they tend to buy
cheaper but more affordable fashion which is also the most successful trend at the moment."
15. Pan right from sales people to visitors arriving at show
16. Various of booths offering cosmetics and hairdressing at TGC event
17. SOUNDBITE: (Japanese) Sayumi Gunji, Creative Director, Vogue Girl:
"Visitors can watch live concerts of their favourite stars rather than the fashion show, or can get new products offered free by different brands. For an extremely long time, from 3 to 9 pm the girls can enjoy an event that is completely focused on fashion. This is something you can't find in any other country and of which Tokyo Girls Collection is the first in its genre."
18. Wide of models parading on catwalk on the Tokyo Girls Collection (TGC) runway
19. Set up of model Melody Yoko on catwalk, wearing big yellow bow in her hair
20. SOUNDBITE: (English) Melody Yoko, model:
"It sets a lot of trends as well as it pinpoints a lot of trends. You know, you'll see a lot of brands doing the same kind of outfits or having the same kind of accessories."
21. Wide of of Melody Yoko on catwalk, with small red bow in her hair
22. SOUNDBITE: (English) Melody Yoko, model:
"You know, we are on stage wearing the newest fashion and they are wearing their best clothing. So it's something that I think that a lot of Japanese girls can look forward to."
23. Wide of model on catwalk
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/e615e93f93d5af5e87c95b376dd7befd
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork